The 1st Doctoral Colloquium among PHD accounting & finance student will be held in the morning of 23 May 2012 at Social Science & Economy Faculty Of Alzahra University.
The Colloquium aims to provide an opportunity for doctoral students in accounting to discuss their research and work in progress with a distinguished international and national faculty. Overviews of the current state of the accounting research will also be included in the programme of the Colloquium, as will social events which will provide an opportunity for students to interact informally both with each other and the faculty.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible and certainly no later than 3 April , 2012.
Applications should be submitted online and must be accompanied by a one-page C.V., a maximum 3-page abstract of the doctoral research currently being undertaken, and a questionnaire to be filled in by the main thesis advisor. You must use this template to that end - download template. Students accepted for the Colloquium will be required to prepare a short paper for presentation at the meeting.
The IAC attach considerable importance to the Doctoral Colloquium. Not only does it provide a way of stimulating sound doctoral research, but it also enhances the network of cross contacts between younger accounting researchers, and between researchers and practitioners.
- Provide appropriate environment for accounting doctoral students to present their work-in-progress in a constructive forum and to receive feedback from other doctoral students and faculty.
- Provide participant to interact with faculties who are leaders in accounting research.
- Provide constructive advice for accounting doctoral students to manage their dissertation/thesis
- Provide constructive advice for accounting doctoral students in workload management and publications.
- Provide environment to expose early stages PhD students to a variety of theories, paradigms and related research methods to guide their theory and hypotheses development